How to apply for an e-passport from Bangladesh?
An e-passport is a biometric passport that contains an electronic chip, making it more secure and tamper-proof. Bangladesh started issuing e-passports in 2019, replacing the old machine-readable passports. In this blog, we will discuss how to apply for an e-passport from Bangladesh & pay an e-passport fee.
Step 1: Gather Required Documents
Jump to a section of the content:
Before you start the application process, make sure you have all the necessary documents ready. These documents include:
- Your old passport (if you have one)
- National ID card or birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Citizenship certificate (if applicable)
- Police clearance certificate
- Online application form (printed)
- 2 passport-size photographs
Step 2: Online Application
To apply for an e-passport from Bangladesh, you need to fill out an online application form. Follow the steps below:
- Visit the e-passport website (https://www.passport.gov.bd/).
- Click on the “New Application” button.
- Create an account using your National ID card or birth certificate number.
- Fill out the online application form with accurate information.
- Upload your photograph and signature.
- Review the form and submit it.
Step 3: Pay E-Passport Fee
After submitting your online application, you will be redirected to the payment page. You can pay the passport fee using a debit or credit card, mobile banking, or bank transfer.
Step 4: Take an Appointment After Paying E-Passport Fee
Once you have paid the e-passport fee, you need to schedule an appointment for biometric data capture. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Visit the e-passport website.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the “Schedule Appointment” button.
- Select your preferred date and time.
- Confirm your appointment.
Step 5: Biometric Data Capture
On the day of your appointment, visit the passport office with all the required documents. The staff will verify your information and capture your biometric data, including fingerprints and facial recognition.
Step 6: Passport Collection
After completing the biometric data capture, you will receive a receipt with a tracking number. You can use this number to track the status of your passport application. Once your passport is ready, you can collect it from the passport office or have it delivered to your home address.
Overall, the entire process can take anywhere from 2-7 days, depending on the efficiency of each step and the number of applications being processed at the passport office. Therefore, it’s always advisable to apply for an e-passport well in advance of any international travel plans.
In conclusion, applying for an e-passport from Bangladesh is a straightforward process that can be completed online. Make sure you have all the required documents ready and follow the steps outlined above. The new e-passport is more secure and convenient, making it an excellent option for international travel.
Read more related articles from this blog.